Monday, August 2, 2010

Treadmills Put Under Bed

first day in Prishtina



The bus to Pristina without problems. However, we were only checked three times in Kosovo. This was probably because it was a Serbian bus.
I live here with a very nice little family. (The pictures I do not put them online) Ilir and Ilirjana are both doctors (he works in the Ministry of Youth and the WHO), plus a two-year-old son with whom I get along very well; using)
The first day I to explore the city. At first glance, some things are obvious. Garbage is everywhere, most houses are not built over and the traffic is very chaotic. The buses are usually discarded German bus (you can still see the title: Operating way) and while they drive from station to station, but without which there would be a plan where you could see where that number down or even when one is coming. Then yesterday drove a car and the driver was the number 4 So I went, like others, a. On the problem was me, that he does not drive the route number 4, and neither German nor English speaking. Someone translated it and I should pay 2 € bouts to be the target (very much if you keep the 30 cents for the bus next to it). We were able to agree but then in the middle. Later I learned that this thing is illegal and not possible in these cars is should enter;)
Most Kosovars with whom I spoke before, do not like very Prishtina.
What I really like are the many bars and cafes. One of them is a wonderful reading café with international literature. On the streets we see mostly young people. The communication works quite differently. Usually I manage not to try my few Albanian words, because it is asked at the outset to English or German. Impressive is the large number of international people on the ground. Among the many German number plates, said Ilir, "you find it not nice to see so many ger cars here? I was proud to be a Kosovar car in Germany go to see ... "
Saturday night we went to a documentary film festival in Prizren. Due to prolonged storage, the ride immensely. This gave me the opportunity to talk longer with Ilir and Ilirjana. It was very interesting, the Albanian view of the decision of the Court on the legality of Kosovo and further relations with Serbia to experience. (More to try everything I write, even if I can arrange something then by the social project will hopefully better)




0 comments:

Post a Comment